Oceaneering Data Management Lead in Houston, Texas
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Data Management Lead is responsible for all data management related activities, to include – job preparation, field support, office QC, final reporting QC, final deliverable, and project close out- assigned by the PM. When applicable, the Data Management Lead is responsible for data processing, chart production, and chart quality. This position operates PCs with the appropriate software programs to support chart production and final survey deliverables. Performs a range of survey mapping and GIS tasks with autonomy, making decisions on difficult situations independently.
Everyday activities will include,but not be limited to, the support of surface navigation setup and calibration (DGPS, Vessel Offsets, Gyro, MRU), sub-surface navigation setup and calibration (USBL, LBL), metrology (LBL, Subsea LIDAR, Inertial), pipeline surveys (as-laid, as-built, pipeline scanning, out of straightness).
Involvement with and support of Company staff competency and quality programs, with respect to data management expectations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Complying with company safety rules and training
- PMP certification or certification within one year required
- Assist new and fellow employees in performing their work in accordance with safe work procedures
- Comply with company safety rules and training, conduct operations safely and report any unsafe condition or practices immediately to his/her supervisor
- Project execution and quality assurance
- Prepare maps and charts as directed
- Works independently and instructs or coaches others
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally, when requested, to assist in job kickoff or support
- Assist, train and direct work within regional offices
- May act as project supervisor
- Provides data management, survey mapping and GIS solutions to a wide range of complex problems
- May lead a work team
- Technical degree or higher in related field or comparable work experience
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in offshore and onshore Surveying, preferably in the offshore activities detailed above, and CAD operation in the surveying and mapping field, or demonstrates the equivalent skill level and knowledge to perform required duties
- Must have a keen understanding of data management, data analysis, GIS, mapping and data standards and associated software
- Basic computer office skills and ability to operate programs such as Microsoft Office products (Work, Excel, Project, etc.), AutoCAD, 3D point cloud processing applications (Fledermaus) complex spreadsheets, Google products and ability to use Peoplesoft
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Data Management Lead
Location: Houston, Texas
Job ID: 13190
Full/Part Time: Full-Time