Oceaneering Engineer (Electrical) in Houston, Texas
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The primary responsibility of this position is to handle all aspects of a project, as needed, to include customer interface, modeling, detail drawings, analysis, documentation, assembly support, and testing.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform conceptual design of electric circuits, programming of low level devices, software development for Graphical User Interfaces (LabView), and product testing and intergration.
- Design and institute a quality/data retention software/hardware package. Write and review technical proposals and specifications.
- Create complete design packages with BOM.
- Perform product testing onshore and offshore, write testing procedures, and build specialized testing equipment.
- Help with electronics used to cotnrol manufacturing processes and machinery (PLC's. motor drives,, etc.)
- Interface with customers and project managers.
- Provide engineering status and progress reports.
- Provide technical support service line developed products.
- BS in Electrical or Electronic Engineering
- 7+ years engineering experience
- Experience with AutoCad and MS Project
- Experience with MS Office
- Studies or project work with ROV and/or Subsea equipment design and engineering
- Strong project management and client communication skills
- Experience with Solidworks
- Experience with PLC logic
- Knowledge of IEC, DNV, and NEC rules and regulations
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job ID: 13209
Location: Houston, Texas
Full/Part Time: Full-Time