Oceaneering Engineer in Houston, Texas
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Engineer is responsible for support on small to medium-sized projects. Responsibilities include conceptual work, engineering analysis and final detailed design of products and systems.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform conceptual design work, engineering calculations and analysis.
- Check manufacturing drawings.
- Prepare design specification, testing documents and other technical process and procedure documents.
- Support product testing and other related manufacturing activities.
- Review product design for compliance with engineering principles, applicable standards (ISO, API and ANSI), contract requirements and related specifications.
- Perform design reviews and presentations with internal teams and customers.
- Provide status and progress reports for customer, project team, and management.
- Position may require some travel including offshore.
- BS Mechanical/Structural Engineering
- 0 – 2 years of indutray related experience
- Proficient in Solidworks and MathCAD
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Must have good understanding of Machine Design, Solid Mechanics and Materials
- Must have good understand of Finite Element Analysis
- Must have basic knowledge of mechanical systems and hydraulic components
- Good presentation skills required
* * DESIRED
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD a plus
- Knowledge of ASME pressure vessel code (Section VIII) a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Engineer
Location: Houston, Texas
Job ID: 12978
Full/Part Time: Full-Time