Oceaneering Engineering Intern in Houston, Texas
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oceaneering is working on several next generation product development projects in the area of imaging, inspection, and data analytics and the intern will be responsible for working with the core team on engineering tasks related to design, setting up of proof of concept experiments and putting together a project plan.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Benchmark competitor’s products of the relevant segment with reference to technology, features, construction, materials, reliability, quality, cost etc.
- Liaise with external research agencies/vendors or Institutes to develop competency in technology and build products/prototypes those provide strategic advantage to Oceaneering in the market place.
- Algorithm development on key research areas based on client’s technical problem. This requires constant paper reading, and knowing what is and will be state of the art in this field.
- Bachelor's (undergraduate) candidate or a Master's (graduate) degree student in electrical or computer engineering or equivalent.
- Hands on experience in Signal Processing related projects
- Candidates must have excellent organizational skills, confidence in communication results in both oral and written communication, and a high level of interpersonal skills.
- Must be a self-motivated team player with the ability to work in a customer oriented, very fast-paced, and demanding environment.
- Strong background in mathematics and signal processing
- Ability to work hands-on in cross-functional teams with a strong sense of self-direction
- Ability to develop novel solutions applying the skills in NDE, Signal Processing, data analytics and automation
- Knowledge of Computer Vision (or) Non-destructive Testing (or) Signal processing algorithms (or) Data Science
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Engineering Intern
Location: Houston, Texas
Job ID: 13045
Full/Part Time: Full-Time