Oceaneering Lead Internal Auditor in Houston, Texas
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
This role will require a "hands on" approach in executing risk-based audits of complex Ispecialized processes and functional areas, prepare clear and concise audit documentation, including audit reports. The position will lead projects that are aligned with Company priorities and support SOX 404 compliance. Results will be achieved through partnering with the Internal Audit team to drive planned projects to completion.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Plans, supervise, and execute operational, financial, SOX and information technology audits with minimal guidance from Internal Audit management.
- Provide audit oversight and work paper review to ensure audit procedures and conclusions are properly executed and documented in accordance with Audit department and the Institute of Internal Auditors (IlA) standards.
- Perform engagement level risk assessments to scope audit activities and develop comprehensive planning memos and work programs.
- Collaborate with company management to develop practical and actionable recommendations that address audit observations and/or process improvement opportunities.
- Preparation of clear and concise audit reports that describe the control weaknesses, associated risk and Internal Audit recommendation.
- Responsible for audit follow-up, open audit observations tracking and remediation activities for SOX and non-SOX projects
- Train and mentor less experienced and/or skilled internal audit staff.
- Communicate results of internal audit projects verbally and in documented reports to senior management
- Participate in the development and implementation of effective audit strategies using the COSO and Sarbanes Oxley standards
- Conduct fraud investigations
- Keep abreast of changes in audit, accounting and industry practices and modify audit risk assessments and audit procedures accordingly
- Contribute to continuous improvement of departmental processes to drive improved efficiencies and effectiveness of audit services to the company
- Work in conjunction with our external auditors as part of a continued reliance strategy
- Assist Internal Audit Sr. Manager with planning, performing, managing, and refining analytical, audit, and risk assessment processes
- Travel up to 40% of the year (domestic and international)
- This position has NO direct suprevisory responsibilities.
- Reports to the Sr. Manager Internal Audit
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or related field or equivalent education and experience
- Five (5) to eight (8) years of progressive internal/ external audit experience required.
- CPA, CA or CIA preferred
- Master's degree in Accounting or Business
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) certification
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) certification
- Big 4 audit experience highly preferred
- Proficiency with auditing PeopleSoft, Oracle DB
- Technical training and experience in multiple internal audit specialties including SOX compliance, IT, financial & operational audits, fraud investigations, and data analytics
- Strong knowledge of IIA standards and ability to execute audit work in accordance with IlA standards
- Strong communication skills across all levels of management
- Strong report writing skills
- Exceptional analytical and organization skills
- Ability to lead and complete multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines Ability to build effective and valued relationships
- Ability to work independently and within teams
- Intermediate knowledge of data analysis software (ACL)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Software
- PeopleSoft ERP experience
- High level knowledge of IT technology infrastructure
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHTwork
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Lead Internal Auditor
Location: Houston, Texas
Job ID: 12301
Full/Part Time: Full-Time