Oceaneering Project Accountant in Houston, Texas
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Project Accountant performs Month-end Closing process for Gulf of Mexico Including Journal Entries, account reconciliations, SOX controls, and other duties required by the business unit controller.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Setup projects and contracts as awarded
- Work with Project Managers to maintain accurate project costs and ensure accurate estimates at completion.
- Analyze project contracts to ensure proper revenue recognition.
- Prepare month end journal entries by project for the monthly financial close.
- Work within and maintain the company’s internal control policies.
- Maintain and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs
- Maintain records of assets, liabilities, profit/loss, tax liability, or other financial activities
- Review balance sheets, expense accounts, and operating income
- Prepare inter-company transactions/revenue transfers as needed
- Run financial reporting and preform variance analysis.
- Review, investigate, and correct errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliation and fluctuation analysis as required
- Assist with overall business units forecasting and analysis as needed
- Help prepare monthly management reports
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent education and experience
- Two (2) to five (5) years of relevant industry experience
- General Ledger or Cost Accounting experience
- Complete knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PeopleSoft, and PowerPoint.
- Project Cost Accounting experience
- Inter-Company Accounting experience
- Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job ID: 13534
Location: Houston, Texas