Oceaneering Project Coordinator in Houston, Texas
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
The primary responsibility of this position is to coordinate the execution of projects.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with Project Managers to support project management processes and various aspects of project execution.
- Track metrics, including: cost reductions to projects, continuous improvement activities on projects, and Projects Team metrics:
- Gather information from Project Managers
Verify accuracy/correctness of requested/required data
Implement data into standardized formats
- Update the visual management project portfolio and shop capacity and utilization portfolio to ensure accurate, up-to-date, data for project management.
- Aid on a per-project basis in the tracking and capacity management of projects:
Run weekly cost reports on projects and track against supplied project budget and update Project Managers
Track project status against supplied project schedule and update Project Managers
Track equipment, manpower, and space needs for each project and update Project Managers
Track parts status for each project and update Project Managers
- Aid on a per-project basis in the execution of projects:
Compile project binders and necessary documentation for handovers to procurement and manufacturing
Input requisitions for parts and submits requests to procurement
Request parts be pulled from inventory
Verify completion, correctness, and availability of documentation for project
- Assist in setting up projects
- Compile project documentation on an as-need basis
- Participate in project closeout process
- Aid in resolving parts and assembly issues on an as-need basis
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Reports to Service Line Manager
- May take direction from Project Managers
- Related industry experience
- Familiar with Microsoft Project and Office
- Knowledge of Oil/Gas industry
- Knowledge of ERP and/or MRP systems
- Technical knowledge and understanding of hydraulic, electronic, electrical, pneumatic and mechanical systems
- Technical knowledge of subsea well completion and workover operations
- Offshore experience with IWOCS equipment repair, maintenance and operations
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Board Partnership
Job Title: Project Coordinator
Location: Houston, Texas
Job ID: 12703
Full/Part Time: Full-Time