Oceaneering Project Superintendent in Houston, Texas
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Project Superintendent will focus on the planning and execution of Classification Society and Regulatory required inspections in the Drilling Industry. Shipboard Technical Services will combine topside and subsea capabilites to meet the needs of the offshore drilling industry.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Review project proposal or plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
- Lead offshore teams consisting of ROV, Diving and Asset Integrity technicians.
- Manage and direct personnel and subcontractors in planning and executing work procedures, interpreting specifications, and coordinating various phases of projects.
- Confer with supervisory and engineering personnel and inspectors and suppliers of tools and materials to resolve problems and improve methods.
- Inspect work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to IACS specifications and the adherence to project schedules.
- Develop efficient repair methods and evaluating/selecting quality sub-contractors.
- Monitor technical problems, major defects and follow up until corrective action is verified.
- Prepare project reports for management which includes monthly reports, status, financial and forecast, along with delivering all appropriate customer reports as outlined in contract and required to fully communicate status, change management and issues.
- Serves as principle HSE agent on vessel for Oceaneering activities.
- Consult with supervisory personnel and labor representatives to resolve complaints and grievances within work force.
- Ensure all procedures are adhered to and comply with International safety management (ISM), classification society rules, and Maritime insurance.
- Keep abreast with the Statutory and Class regulations and standards.
- Maintain all completed paperwork and required documents.
- Three (3) years of previous expereince working in shipping industry or operational drilling
- Familiar with Classification Society guidelines and Regulatory Requirements
- Must be able to obtain:
Transportation Workers Identification Card (TWIC)
Helicopter Underwater Escape Training (HUET) and Water Survival Training
- 2nd Mate or 2nd Assistant Engineer License or equivalent experience
- Experience working with ROV’s
- Previous experience working in Diving
- This position is considered 60% OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
- This position is considered 40% OFFSHORE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Outdoors and indoors, day and night, as well as over/near water.
- Requires working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment.
- Frequently the humidity is above 90%, noise is over 85 decibels and the light is intense/glares.
- Potential exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Constant exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases.
- Work surface is stable, height is elevated.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job ID: 13214
Location: Houston, Texas
Full/Part Time: Full-Time