Oceaneering Shop Foreman in Houston, Texas
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The primary responsibility of this position is to supervise the technicians within the group and their ongoing work.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervise and direct work of technicians
- Communicate with clients and project managers as needed
- Respond to after-hour calls and emails for offshore projects
- Maintain timekeeping records for shop and offshore personnel
- Establish and update yearly performance goals and complete annual appraisals for direct reports
- Identify development needs of high potential technicians and assist with the creation of individual development plans
- Ensure direct reports are completing LMS training modules and competency milestones on time
- Ensure direct reports are maintaining certifications in order to be deployed offshore
- Stay knowledgeable of all company safety and standards
- Assist HSE / Training in maintaining all documentation of safety records and training of personnel
- Clarify documentation for all offshore and onshore work.
- Oversee all maintenance of the rental fleet while ensuring its readiness for rental
- Assist with invoicing
- Assist in technical issues of equipment
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum eight (8) years industrial offshore experience in subsea installations, with a minimum of two (2) years experience leading offshore crews.
- Knowledge of Word and Excel
- Will be required to complete Management Training classes within the first 6 months of employment
- Working knowledge of Peoplesoft
This position is considered SHOP/INDOOR WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Primarily indoors during the day and occasionally at night.
- Frequently working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment.
- When outdoors, humidity is frequently above 90%
- Noise is over 85 decibels.
- Light is intense/glare.
- Occasional exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Frequent exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered MEDIUM work.
- Lift 20-50 pounds
- Work in confined spaces, kneel, jump, run, work while lying on stomach/back, crawl, and use repetitive movements of the arms and hands.
- Identify color differences
- Wear PPE for skin protection
- Lift 10-25 pounds
- Climb stairs/ladders, stand, balance, stoop, squat, reach, and lift/carry objects
- Twist body, sit with back supported, head forward/flexed, head tilted/rotated, and work with arms extended overhead.
- Operate a motor vehicle
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Wear PPE protection for body, vision, and hearing protection
- Steel/safety toed shoes/boots
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Shop Foreman
Location: Houston, Texas
Job ID: 12980
Full/Part Time: Full-Time