Oceaneering Solution Analyst II, Engineering in Houston, Texas
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Primarily responsible for engaging with end users and working groups to support the design, delivery, and day to day operation of innovative solutions that improve engineering performance. The focus is on technologies that lower processing costs, accelerate our drive to enable faster, high-quality decisions, and streamline engineering and design execution by enabling end to end integrations throughout the value chain and reducing cycle time.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Proactively engage engineering groups to learn what they do; what is important to them; the challenges that confront them. Understand existing technical capabilities both internally and externally available and adapt to OII applicability.
- Provide global functional support to end users. Interface with the operating units to resolve engineering application related issues including data quality and system performance. Create and suggest workarounds for issues while waiting for fixes.
- Proactively propose “best practices” and standards to correct and improve business processes as related to available tools and applications
- Design, configure, test, document, and deploy solutions to meet business requirements through actionable functional design specifications that clearly articulate scope and approach and allow for detailed project planning and execution.
- Participate in functional group and project meetings and interact and work with other team members cross-departmentally.
- Be an active participant in high performing teams, demonstrate accountability for assignments and deliverables, and adhere to high performance standards.
- Develop and demonstrate strong business and systems analysis knowledge.
- Work with other analysts to coordinates the production support, configuration, setup, maintenance, customizations and enhancements of engineering application to Oceaneering specifications.
- Execute activities to deliver the right solution, at the right time and at the right price by following project and change management methodologies and processes.
* * REQUIRED
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent education and experience
- Five (5) years of progressive experience in engineering tools, applications, and processes
- Experience with PLM/PDM software/applications
- Experience with CAD software/applications
- Experience writing SQL queries
- Experience with VB.net development
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job ID: 13370
Location: Houston, Texas
Full/Part Time: Full-Time