Oceaneering Sr. Engineer - Coiled Tubing in Houston, Texas
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
The Downhole Coiled Tubing Engineer will provide to operations the engineering, design, and analysis capabilities to support the subsea intervention systems and auxiliary equipment.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Engineer will be assigned to the service and rental Intervention Services group as an operational engineer. Engineer will be positioned within the existing engineering team to provide project execution and maintenance support for Intervention Services equipment. Engineer must be willing to travel offshore, both domestically and internationally.
While in the service and rentals group, the engineer will:
- Perform engineering duties necessary to prepare systems and personnel for offshore campaigns. These may include:
- Design modifications to existing equipment
- Design of enabling equipment, such as test fixtures, handling aids, etc.
- Participating in operational risk assessments
- Preparing scopes of supply
- Providing cost and labor estimates for proposals
- Performing project-specific analyses and calculations
- Preparing project-specific procedures
- Provide support during the manufacturing, testing, and assembly phases of a project
- Provide support to offshore campaigns, from both the office and offshore
- Interface with customers, project managers, and technicians
- Provide engineering status and progress reports
- Support project engineers during all phases of project
- Other duties as assigned
* * Supervisory Responsibilities
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
* * Reporting Relationship
- This position will report to the Engineering Lead
- Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Ocean Engineering or equivalent degree.
- 10+ years of engineering experience
- Experience with Downhole Coiled Tubing Operations
- Experience with Downhole General Operations
- Experience with electro-hydraulic control systems
- Knowledge of subsea intervention systems is strongly desired
- Knowledge of riserless well intervention is strongly desired
- Knowledge of operations in the subsea industry is strongly desired
- Knowledge of Coiled Tubing systems is desired
- Experience performing FEA, structural calculations, global riser analysis, and hydraulic analysis
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Experience with AutoCAD, Solidworks, or other CAD packages
- Ability to work within tight deadline windows
- Ability to work under general direction
- Ability to work in a high-pressure onshore/offshore environment
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Sr. Engineer - Coiled Tubing
Location: Houston, Texas
Job ID: 12801
Full/Part Time: Full-Time