Oceaneering Sr. Engineer - Downhole / Wireline in Houston, Texas
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Downhole / Wireline Engineer will provide to operations, the engineering, design, and analysis capabilities to support the subsea intervention systems and auxiliary equipment.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Engineer will be assigned to the service and rental Intervention Services group as an operational engineer. Engineer will be teamed up with existing engineering team to provide project execution and maintenance support for Intervention Services equipment. Engineer must be willing to travel offshore, both domestically and internationally.
While in the service and rentals group, the engineer will:
- Perform engineering duties necessary to prepare systems and personnel for offshore campaigns. These may include:
- Design modifications to existing equipment
- Design of enabling equipment, such as test fixtures, handling aids, etc.
- Participating in operational risk assessments
- Preparing scopes of supply
- Providing cost and labor estimates for proposals
- Performing project-specific analyses and calculations
- Preparing project-specific procedures
- Provide support during the manufacturing, testing, and assembly phases of a project
- Provide support to offshore campaigns, from both the office and offshore
- Interface with customers, project managers, and technicians
- Provide engineering status and progress reports
- Support project engineers during all phases of project
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Ocean Engineering or equivalent degree.
- 7+ years of engineering experience
- Experience with Downhole Wireline Operations
- Experience with Downhole General Operations
- Experience with electro-hydraulic control systems
- Knowledge of subsea intervention systems is strongly desired
- Knowledge of riserless well intervention is strongly desired
- Knowledge of operations in the subsea industry is strongly desired
- Knowledge of Wireline systems is desired
- Experience performing FEA, structural calculations, global riser analysis, and hydraulic analysis
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Experience with AutoCAD, Solidworks, or other CAD packages
- Ability to work within tight deadline windows
- Ability to work under general direction
- Ability to work in a high-pressure onshore/offshore environment
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Sr. Engineer - Downhole / Wireline
Location: Houston, Texas
Job ID: 12814
Full/Part Time: Full-Time