Oceaneering Inspection Engineer in Jakarta, Indonesia
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oceaneering Inspection Division is a major provider of engineering, inspection and non-destructive testing services, with worldwide capability to the petrochemical, power generation, oil and gas and aerospace industries.
To support implementation of the Integrity Management Pressure Systems service to the allocated Assets/sites. This service is to be in line with Oceaneering and Client’s documentary requirements and onshore / offshore legislation where applicable.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide support to Integrity Management / Inspection Management / Risk Assessment activities for Pressure Systems in accordance with client contractual requirements
- Ensure projects are performed in accordance with industry codes/standards, legislation, accreditation, and Oceaneering or Client policies/procedures
- Input to the review and analysis of Pressure Systems equipment data (history, inspections, design documents, process, IOW) for input into Risk Based Assessments / Risk Based Inspections and studies
- Support risk assessments, life assessments, authoritative reviews and associated engineering calculations or studies for static mechanical Pressure Systems as required such as Pipework, Vessels, storage tanks, etc)
- Participate in development of comprehensive examination schemes (and where required detailed inspection workpacks) based on RBI outcomes, ensuring all parties are fully conversant with all aspects of the work scopes
- Write accurate and concise reports or documents which review, analyse, and trend integrity management or risk assessment data and outputs
- Develop strong relationships internally with the integrity management team and externally with Clients, Contractors and site personnel to ensure excellence in delivery and an effective integrity service
- Undertake offshore or site visits as required
- Support the Line Manager in management of Oceaneering contract providing assurance on technical delivery and cost management including budgets/forecasting
- The list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake tasks that may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post
- Assist with any other duties as and when required
- Undertake specific projects as instructed by management
Safety Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to as far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Other Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems. Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company. Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position may have direct supervisory responsibilities
- This role typically has technical input / oversight of Graduate / Assistant Inspection Engineers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering or Science discipline in a relevant subject (e.g. Mechanical, Materials, Chemical, Engineering Science)
- Master’s Degree in an Engineering or Science discipline in a relevant subject (e.g. Mechanical, Materials, Chemical, Engineering Science)
- API 510 Pressure Vessel Inspector, API 570 Piping Inspection, API 580 Risk Based Inspection or equivalent e.g. ASME/CSWIP Plant Inspector Level 1 or 2
- Working towards award of professional engineer status within local region e.g. IEng/CEng/EUR ING/PE
- Offshore medical and survival certification
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Minimum 4 years of specific experience related to the job description
- Knowledge of standards, risk assessments and legislation associated with the in-service inspection of plant and equipment
- Must be familiar with NDT techniques and QA/QC systems/procedures
- Desirable to be familiar with advanced NDT techniques
- Knowledge of design, manufacture, metallurgy, welding and codes associated with fabrication and construction of plant and equipment
- Good communicator, both written, verbal and technical to make complex terminology simple for the benefit of others
- Good client or support contractor relationship skills at various levels of seniority or diverse cultures
- Good knowledge of the RBA process in the Oil & Gas industry and familiar with common corrosion types, damage mechanisms, material properties, and CML allocation, and Inspection techniques selection.
- Good knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems, such as SAP, Maximo, and Inspection Data Base Management systems such as ACET, Credo etc
- Proficient in the use of Engineering drawings, GA’s, P&ID.; Also should have basic knowledge of drawing/isometric sketches and good general IT skills (MS Office)
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHTwork.
- Lift up to 20 pounds
Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
Lift up to 10 pounds
Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Job Title: Inspection Engineer
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Job ID: 13160
Full/Part Time: Full-Time