Oceaneering Contracts Manager in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Responsible for taking supporting and lead roles in drafting, negotiating and concluding contractual negotiations related to Oceaneering’s business lines with a focus on support of the Asia Pacific region including Australia and India
Duties & Responsibilities
Include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Draft, review, negotiate administer contracts for the provision of onshore and offshore services and the domestic and international sale and purchase of goods
- Draft and implement contracting policies and procedures are required by regional counsel for application on a regional basis
- Interface with bids-and-proposals, sales and operations personnel
- Liaise with legal, tax, finance and insurance departments on respective issues to ensure that all contracts comply with oceaneering’s contracting guidelines or other guidelines issued by legal
- Maintain contracts files and database with respect to contracts reviewed and
- Support profit center manager in applying contracting principles to understand and address risks associated with various scopes of work
- Conduct contracts-related training of operations personnel and other personnel as instructed by the regional counsel
- Maintain an awareness of relevant law and regulation in coordination with regional counsel
- Perform as a team player with a strong work ethic
- Carry out all work in accordance with the company’s code of business conduct and ethics and other relevant policies and procedures
- Work additional hours on short notices as may be necessary to meet operational demands
- Innovation – displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work; develops innovative approaches and ideas; presents ideas and information in a manner that gets other’s attention.
- Interpersonal skills – focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to other’s ideas and tries new things.
- Judgement – displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgement; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
- Leadership – exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; accepts feedback from others; gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Motivation – sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measure self against standard of excellence; takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Oral communication – speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listen and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
- Organizational support – follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; support organization’s goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Planning/organizing – prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
- Problem solving – identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Professionalism – approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Quality – demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quality management – looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Quantity- meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity; works quickly.
- Safety and security – observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
- Teamwork- balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectively and openness to other’s views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Technical skills – assesses own strength s and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Written communication – writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Some travel may be required
- Other duties may be assigned
- Non-essential functions could be redistributed among other team members.
- Reasonable accommodations are made in this area of the job.
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to as far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
*Attach org chart if available. *
- List the title of the person to whom this person will report.
- Include anyone who directs the work or participates in defining the day-to-day work of this person (dotted line)
- If performance is measured by a direct manager and dotted line manager, indicate so here.
- If critical partnerships exist, list them here as well.
- Law degree from Malaysia, UK, Australia or other common law jurisdiction is required; at least 5 years of commercial contracting experience in the offshore oil and gas service industry is preferred; with at least two years working specifically in a contracting capacity directly supporting sales and operations management’s efforts with clients; knowledge of indemnity structures and risk mitigation utilized in offshore oil and gas service contracts is essential
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Language Skills
Ability to read, write, analyze and interpret contracts and business correspondence, policies, guides and manuals in English. Ability to communicate effectively with management, professionals, customers, business associates and others, singly and in groups, orally and in writing, including responding to common inquiries or complaints from customers or members of the business community, and making presentations to management, other personnel and public groups. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Reading or conversational proficiency in Spanish may be helpful, but is not required.
Ability to define and solve practical problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in written, oral, mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and common internet browsers and ability to work in a global IT- development environment.
Essential Job Functions
The physical demand described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essentials functions.
The work environment is indoors during the day and occasionally at night. The employee frequently stands and constantly walks on a flat surface; constantly sits with back supported. The employee frequently sits with head forward; flexed and head tilted and rotated. At times employee will frequently extend arms to a level position, supported and occasionally arms will be extended below waist, supported. Employee occasionally needs color vision. Employee should be able to read, speak, hear in all ranges, and see for reading and distance.
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHTwork.
- Lift up to 20 pounds
Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
Lift up to 10 pounds
Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Job Title: Contracts Manager
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Job ID: 13426
Full/Part Time: Full-Time