Oceaneering Accounting Manager in Lafayette, Louisiana
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Assists the Americas Regional Controller in directing an organization's accounting functions. These functions include establishing and maintaining an organization's accounting principles, practices, and procedures.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Submits all required reporting, both internal and external on a timely basis.
- Oversees the preparation and statistical evaluation of budgets, financial analysis, account reconciliations, other financial operating reports, and presents findings and recommendations to management.
- Assists Department Managers with monthly metrics to include: compiling information, validating key metrics, and assisting in analysis of indicators from metric reporting.
- Work with PeopleSoft IT, Departmental Managers, Key Personnel and Corporate to improve process flow of information into financial system and to enhance reporting from financial system.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Emphasis on compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Sarbanes-Oxley reporting with an emphasis on strong Internal Controls.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and works with others in the department to assist and evaluate goal performance.
- Performs a variety of tasks as assigned by Controller, Survey Services.
- Leads and directs the work of others including daily tasks, special projects, or end of month processes.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Directly supervises employees and is responsible for their overall direction, coordination, and evaluation. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addresses complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA) from four-year college or university in Accounting or Business Administration, Master’s Degree or CPA/CMA certification a plus. 5-10 years of progressively responsible experience in an oilfield service environment, managing a staff, with an emphasis on general accounting, reporting and variance analysis.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job ID: 13439
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana
Full/Part Time: Full-Time