Oceaneering AUV Offshore Operator (AUV Oper.Spec. -1) in Lafayette, Louisiana
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The position of AUV Offshore Operator Specialist-1 exists for the purpose of carrying out required tasks in the field for AUV survey projects, as requested by the AUV Offshore Manager for survey equipment maintenance, launch and recovery activities, and operating of AUV and other survey software. In addition this position shall make sure all tasks are performed efficiently, responsibly and in accordance with safe work procedures.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain AUV/Survey operations logs
- Coordinating and communicating with AUV Offshore Manager for planning of survey operations and survey mission planning.
- Working with AUV Offshore Manager to ensure AUV and survey equipment maintenance and reliability
- Managing and carrying out specific job tasks as requested by AUV Offshore Manager
- Responsible for care, maintenance and inventory of company equipment, specifically AUV lab and survey equipment
- Responsible for daily communication and planning of AUV mission planning
- Comply with company safety rules and training, conduct operations safely and report any unsafe condition or practices immediately to his/her supervisor
- Assist new and fellow employees in performing their work in accordance with safe work procedures
- Participate in daily Job Safety Analysis (JSEA), Safety Toolbox Meetings, etc.
- Participate in AUV Launch and Recovery operations
- Participate in Geophysical survey operations
- Understanding of AUV Operation and limitations
- Must be proficient with AUV and other survey software
- Must have valid driver’s license and suitable driving record that is able to meet company driver requirements
- Two year degree or higher
- One or more years experience in the AUV, survey or other related technical field
- Current security clearance or ability to obtain security clearance
- Experience in supervisory position
Working Conditions * *
This position is considered OFFSHORE**which is characterized as follows.
- Outdoors and indoors, day and night, as well as over/near water.
- Requires working on or near moving and vibrating equipment.
- Frequently the humidity is above 90%, noise is over 85db and the light is intense/glare.
- Potential exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Constant exposure to airborne dust, fumes and gases.
- Work surface is stable, height is elevated.
This position is considered HEAVY work.
- Lift 50-100 pounds
- Sit, twist, crawl, climb stairs/ ladders, and use repetitive movements of the arms and hands.
- Operate small water vessel or ATV
- Lift 25-50 pounds
- Wear PPE for head, hands
- Balance, stoop, kneel, squat, crouch, reach with hands and arms, and lift/carry objects, handle or feel.
- Differentiate between colors
- Operate a motor vehicle
- Lift 10-20 pounds
- Standing and walking
- Wear PPE for body, vision, and hearing protection
- Close vision ability and ability to adjust focus
- Hearing all ranges
- Wear steel toed shoes/ boots
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: AUV Offshore Operator (AUV Oper.Spec. -1)
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana
Job ID: 13165
Full/Part Time: Full-Time