Oceaneering AUV Offshore Tech Spec (VT)-1 in Lafayette, Louisiana
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
AUV Offshore Technical Specialist VT-1 primary duty will be as a AUV technical specialist.
The position of AUV Offshore Technical Technical Specialist VT-1 exists for the purpose of carrying out required tasks in the field for AUV survey projects, as requested by the AUV Offshore Technical Manager for AUV maintenance, launch and recovery activities. In addition this position shall make sure all tasks are performed efficiently, responsibly and in accordance with safe work procedures.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain AUV and related equipment to minimize downtime
- Coordinating and communicating with AUV Offshore Technical Manager
- Working with AUV Offshore Techical Manager to ensure AUV reliability and maintenance
- Managing and carrying out specific job tasks as requested by AUV Offshore Technical Manager
- Responsible for care, maintenance and inventory of company equipment, specifically AUV and associated equipment
- Responsible for daily communication and planning of AUV maintenance with AUV O/S Technical Manager
- Comply with company safety rules and training, conduct operations safely and report any unsafe condition or practices immediately to his/her supervisor
- Assist new and fellow employees in performing their work in accordance with safe work procedures
- Participate in daily Job Safety Analysis (JSEA), Safety Toolbox Meetings, etc.
- Participate in AUV Launch and Recovery operations
- Assisting with and maintaining reports
- Understanding of AUV technical operations
- All other duties assigned
- Must be proficient with with mechanical and electrical equipment
- Must have valid driver’s license and suitable driving record that is able to meet company driver requirements
- Two year degree or equivalent
- Current security clearance or ability to obtain security clearance
- Experience in supervisory position
This position is considered OFFSHORE which is characterized as follows.
- Outdoors and indoors, day and night, as well as over/near water.
- Requires working on or near moving and vibrating equipment.
- Frequently the humidity is above 90%, noise is over 85db and the light is intense/glare.
- Potential exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Constant exposure to airborne dust, fumes and gases.
- Work surface is stable, height is elevated.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered HEAVY work.
- Lift 50-100 pounds
- Sit, twist, crawl, climb stairs/ ladders, and use repetitive movements of the arms and hands.
Operate small water vessel or ATV
Lift 25-50 pounds
- Wear PPE for head, hands Balance, stoop, kneel, squat, crouch, reach with hands and arms, and lift/carry objects, handle or feel.
Differentiate between colors Operate a motor vehicle
Lift 10-20 pounds Standing and walking
- Wear PPE for body, vision, and hearing protection
- Close vision ability and ability to adjust focus
- Hearing all ranges
- Wear steel toed shoes/ boots
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: AUV Offshore Tech Spec (VT)-1
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana
Job ID: 13271