Oceaneering Level I E/C Technicians in Lafayette, Louisiana
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
Inspects offshore structures, vessels and pipelines, and their appurtenances, for conformance to specifications, using fixed or preset measuring instruments: Travels offshore on vessels and in aircraft. Examines materials or products for anomalies, damage, or defects, such as cracks, pits, incomplete welds, holes, dents, excessive corrosion, etc. Examines coating conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with diving contractors or individually to perform various inspections and surveys of offshore structures, vessels and pipelines.
- Perform cathodic protection surveys of offshore structures, vessels and pipelines.
- Use camera, video and written documentation techniques in the inspection and survey of offshore structures, vessels and pipelines.
- Use and maintain various types of inspection equipment.
- Perform inspection report generation via computer using various software applications.
- Instruct and train other personnel as needed and experience permits.
- Continuously learn and improve office and computer skills.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilties.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Two (2) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Knowledge of appropriate steps to analytical problem solving.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired goals.
- Treats others fairly and with respect.
- Knowledge of department's policies, rules, regulations, business goals, vision, organizational structure, culture, philosophy, operating principles and values, etc.
- Ability to establish and maintain project priorities.
- Seeks out new learning experiences.
- Identifies what needs to be done and takes action before being asked or required.
This position is considered OFFSHORE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Outdoors and indoors, day and night, as well as over/near water.
- Requires working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment.
- Frequently the humidity is above 90%, noise is over 85 decibels and the light is intense/glare.
- Potential exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Constant exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases.
- Work surface is stable, height is elevated.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered HEAVYwork.
- Lift 50-100 pounds
- Work in confined spaces, kneel, jump, run, work while lying on his stomach/back, crawl, and use repetitive movements of the arms and hands.
- Differentiate between colors
- Wear PPE for skin protection.
- Eye protection.
- Steel/safety toed shoes/boots
- Lift 25-50 pounds
- Wear PPE for head, hands
- Climb stairs/ladders, stand, balance, stoop, squat, reach, and lift/carry objects.
- Twist, sit with back supported, head forward/flexed, head tilted/rotated
- Work with arms extended below the waist, unsupported, elbows flexed, wrist supported and unsupported.
- Operate a motor vehicle
- Lift 10-20 pounds
- Standing and walking
- Wear PPE for body, vision, and hearing protection
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Board Partnership
Job Title: Level I E/C Technicians
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana
Job ID: 12748
Full/Part Time: Full-Time