Oceaneering Business Development Manager, Angola in Luanda, Angola
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
To identify new & winnable opportunities in the Angola market - to close these as wins
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and implement Angola market Project capture plan: marketing plan to grow target accounts. Ensure technical & operational capabilities match market needs.
- High focus on constant Client engagements with feedback to Oceaneering organisation
- Deliver sales presentations to key clients & technical presentations with relevant Oceaneering technical experts.
- Become proficient with company computerized design tools and budget estimating tools.
- Prepare plans and objectives for future Client growth & new Client acquisition
- Support & promote Oceaneering involvement in pre-FEED & FEED activities with operators OEMs, or third parties.
- Interface with all internal departments to grow awareness of Client issues, needs & products, to help differentiate Oceaneering Angola vs competition
- Assist in the development of strategic financial and customer specific goals for Oceaneering Angola.
- Lead in sales meetings as well as assist in communicating any valid bid information.
- Work to offer system / package sales to our Clients. There should be a focus on providing bundled services combining the various offerings from Oceaneering. Not just discrete service lines.
- Foster "One Oceaneering" and our Core Values.
- Prepare sales forecasts & meet individual & Oceaneering Angola performance goals.
- Represent Company at trade association meetings and industry conferences to promote our products and "One Oceaneering".
- Work with clients to understand technical and commercial requirements, assist in their project planning and development, negotiate and obtain orders, assess customer satisfaction and loyalty, take corrective and preventative action with regard to customer complaints and product or service problems.
- Understand field development drivers & timings, build price strategies and SWOT analyses for forecast & B list opportunities
- Regularly report on Sales activities & opportunities.
- Monitor and evaluate the activities and products of the competition.
- Support bidding activity by setting the scene re technical * target pricing.
- Assist in collecting customer feedback and managing customer relationships.
- To best represent Oceaneering Angola Sales to Clients, to develop, maintain and grow Client relationships to best position Oceaneering to win new Projects, from in-country operators, OEMs, or third parties.
- To take ownership of opportunities from early identification, through bid cycle to close.
- To engage on technical basis early in opportunity development lifecycle, to ensure alignment between Oceaneering technical / operational capabilities and Client expectation & needs.
- To identify to organization, Client current & future needs.
- To identify, explore & maximize any product/service opportunities for Oceaneering.
- To work individually & as a team member to strategically position Oceaneering, and work to improve current standing & Client perception of Oceaneering
- To promote Oceaneering products & service offerings through external Client visits, presentations, & dissemination of market intelligence.
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Reports to Angola Country Manager
- Supports all BU Leaders operating in Angola and gives direction to any local BU business development personnel.
- Engineering degree or higher level education in Engineering.
- Operational experience at one/many levels or disciplines.
- 5 years Oil & Gas Technical and/or Sales with Operator, OEM or EPCI
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Exhibit Sales "hunter" mentality with high level of tenacity.
- Exhibit personal Sales historical & ongoing successes.
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
- Frequently visiting clients, primarily in Angola which will require vehicular and some air travel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHTwork.
- Lift up to 20 pounds
Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
Lift up to 10 pounds
Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, relocation support and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Job Title: Business Development Manager, Angola
Location: Luanda, Angola
Job ID: 12786
Full/Part Time: Full-Time