Oceaneering Bridge Officer in Morgan City, Louisiana
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Managing vessel and crew to ensure their safety through implementation of policies and procedures.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure safe and efficient operation of the vessel to transport personnel, project equipment across oceans, lakes, bays, and inter coastal waters ways.
- Direct or coordinate crew members performing activities such as vessel maintenance, watch standing, operating ships equipment or making repairs to ship equipment.
- Daily, weekly and monthly Inspections of vessel to ensure safety of crew, personnel and the environment.
- Training and development of crew members.
- Implement follow and keep up to date company policies and procedures.
- Maintain records of daily activities, prepare reports, and maintain Safety Management System records and safety training drill records.
- Maintain and track vessel certification regulatory and class requirements.
- Utilize navigational aids, such as bridge resource management, navigation bridge equipment, bridge watch standing orders and voyage planning.
- Remain fully informed and adhere to all relevant laws, regulations and directives affecting the operation of the vessel.
- Compute positions, set courses, and determine speeds, using charts, area plotting sheets, compasses and knowledge of local conditions
- Coordinate activities for project mobilization.
- Perform stability calculations to maintain safe loading condition of vessel.
- High School diploma orGeneral Education Degree (GED) is required. Vocational training is preferred.
- Two (2) to three (3) years minimum offshore ROV, Diving and or Construction DP vessel experience.
- Vessel experience in the Gulf of Mexico within the oil and gas industry is preferred.
- Knowledge of SMS shipboard procedures.
- Merchant Mariner’s Credential
- USCG Medical Certificate
- License with a minimum rating of 1600 Ton (3000 ITC).
- STCW-95 (Standard Training and Watch Keeping Certification).
- DPO Unlimited Certification.
- GMDSS (Global Maritime Distress and Safety System) Radio Operator’s License.
- Safe Gulf experience.
- Valid Passport
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Valid TWIC card.
- Security Clearance preferred / Able to pass a security clearance
This position is considered OFFSHORE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Outdoors and indoors, day and night, as well as over/near water.
- Requires working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment.
- Frequently the humidity is above 90%, noise is over 85 decibels and the light is intense/glare.
- Potential exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Constant exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases.
- Work surface is stable, height is elevated.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered MEDIUM work.
- Lift 20-50 pounds
- Work in confined spaces, kneel, jump, run, work while lying on stomach/back, crawl, and use repetitive movements of the arms and hands.
- Identify color differences
- Wear PPE for skin protection
- Lift 10-25 pounds
- Climb stairs/ladders, stand, balance, stoop, squat, reach, and lift/carry objects
- Twist body, sit with back supported, head forward/flexed, head tilted/rotated, and work with arms extended overhead.
- Operate a motor vehicle
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Wear PPE protection for body, vision, and hearing protection
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Bridge Officer
Location: Morgan City, Louisiana
Job ID: 13205
Full/Part Time: Full-Time