Oceaneering Buyer in Morgan City, Louisiana
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Executesthe process of low complexity orderingof goods, supplies, equipment, and services in accordance with prescribed purchasing policies, regulations, and procedures. Understands schedules, risks to orders and manages a supplier's individual order performance to requirements. Monitors and reports status and progress of orders to procurement leaders
Duties & Responsibilities
- Reviews and analyzes purchase requisitions.
- Prepares and solicits bids.
- Issues requests for quotes/information.
- Reviews quotations.
- Negotiates for the purchase of goods, supplies, equipment and services.
- Prepares purchase orders and sends copies to suppliers and to departments originating requests.
- Ensures the communication of technical, quality, legal, and commercial requirement sourcing information for goods and services, and facilitates the resolution of commercial, quality and technical issues related to sourced goods, both internal and external to Oceaneering.
- Manages procurement plan and pricing strategy to support cost objectives, and works to ensure delivery schedules are adequate to support project and operational needs.
- Resolves purchasing issues between OII and vendors.
- Performs administrative activities in support of the purchasing function.
- Able to work independently with little or no supervision.
- A degree in business or a technical discipline plus 1 year of buying experience. In lieu of a degree, high school diploma or general education degree (GED); and minimum 3+ years of associated experience in purchasing.
- Knowledge of purchasing practices and procedures, materials, products, and the commodity market in an area of specialization.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Buyer
Location: Morgan City, Louisiana
Job ID: 13222
Full/Part Time: Full-Time