Oceaneering Chief Steward in Morgan City, Louisiana
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Able to plan, prepare and serve good quality meals along with the ability to supervise and manage the entire galley crew.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage and Maintain Galley Food and Supply Inventories. Order groceries while maintaining a budget and provide menus for daily meals and oversees galley staff while they prepare meals to serve to crew and passengers on vessels.
- Provides a daily & weekly menu, taking advantage of foods in season, available locally, and cost efficient while maintaining good nutritional values in all meal.
- Provides nutritional information for each meal served.
- Supervises catering and galley staffs and its operation for all food preparation.
- Carries out duties as directed by Captain during emergency drills.
- Maintain accurate records of all stocks inventories and usage.
- Ensures that all work areas under his or hers department comply with all industry accepted guidelines and relevant regulations, maintaining sanitation, health, and safety standards in work area.
- Ensures sufficient food stocks are maintained onboard the vessel at all times.
- Supervises Galley Staff in Washing of pots, pans, dishes, utensils, and other cooking equipment.
- Operates large-volume cooking equipment such as grills, deep-fat fryers, or griddles.
- Assist in the loading and unloading of groceries
- Ensures all Galley Staff and Personnel attending Galley follow proper Hygiene requirements.
- Ensure that the refrigeration equipment is kept at the correct temperature for the provisions stored in them
- Ensures the Galley Staff follows the on board Food Management Programs.
- Provides written instructions for Galley Staff.
- Supervises Galley Staff Training and Galley Equipment certifications.
- Provide Galley Efficient Services for up to 110 personnel.
- Supervise galley staff and third party contract personnel to ensure all food prepartion meets and follows Oceaneering standards.
- High School diploma orGeneral Education Degree (GED) is required. Vocational training is preferred.
- Five (5) years minimum Chief Stewart experiences with one to two year of experience onboard a large offshore vessel as a Supervisor of galley crew.
- Merchant Mariner’s Credential
- USCG Medical Certificate
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Valid TWIC card.
- Valid Passport
- Must be creative in planning menus.
- Supervisory experience helpful.
- Knowledge of meal preparation, including baking and ordering food supplies for large crews.
- Knowledge of industrial galley equipment.
This position is considered OFFSHORE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Outdoors and indoors, day and night, as well as over/near water.
- Requires working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment.
- Frequently the humidity is above 90%, noise is over 85 decibels and the light is intense/glare.
- Potential exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Constant exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases.
- Work surface is stable, height is elevated.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered HEAVY work.
- Lift 50-100 pounds
- Work in confined spaces, kneel, jump, run, work while lying on his stomach/back, crawl, and use repetitive movements of the arms and hands.
- Differentiate between colors
- Wear PPE for skin protection.
- Eye protection.
- Steel/safety toed shoes/boots
- Lift 25-50 pounds
- Wear PPE for head, hands
- Climb stairs/ladders, stand, balance, stoop, squat, reach, and lift/carry objects.
- Twist, sit with back supported, head forward/flexed, head tilted/rotated
- Work with arms extended below the waist, unsupported, elbows flexed, wrist supported and unsupported.
- Operate a motor vehicle
- Lift 10-20 pounds
- Standing and walking
- Wear PPE for body, vision, and hearing protection
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Chief Steward
Location: Morgan City, Louisiana
Job ID: 12870
Full/Part Time: Full-Time