Oceaneering Offshore Equipment Technician in Morgan City, Louisiana
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Maintain and repair all mechanical and hydraulic systems for onshore and offshore installation equipment for the Oilfield Project Group.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain and repair all mechanical and hydraulic systems associated with winches, reel drive systems and other hydraulic equipment including component repair, replacement, and troubleshooting.
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Write routing reports and correspondence.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or oral form.
- Verify that maintenance standards comply with Oceaneering maintenance standards, manufacturer recommendations and regulatory requirements
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED).
- Three (3) to Five (5) years’ work related experience or Twelve (12) months of mechanical or hydraulic training, to include on the job training.
- Must have knowledge of the design and use of tools and equipment in order to perform minor maintenance and repairs.
- Valid TWIC
- Knowledge of MS Office Applications and PeopleSoft ERP System experience is a plus.
- Electrical and PLC knowledge a plus.
This position is considered OFFSHORE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Outdoors and indoors, day and night, as well as over/near water.
- Requires working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment.
- Frequently the humidity is above 90%, noise is over 85 decibels and the light is intense/glare.
- Potential exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Constant exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases.
- Work surface is stable, height is elevated.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered HEAVYwork.
- Lift 50-100 pounds
- Work in confined spaces, kneel, jump, run, work while lying on his stomach/back, crawl, and use repetitive movements of the arms and hands.
- Differentiate between colors
- Wear PPE for skin protection.
- Eye protection.
- Steel/safety toed shoes/boots
- Lift 25-50 pounds
- Wear PPE for head, hands
- Climb stairs/ladders, stand, balance, stoop, squat, reach, and lift/carry objects.
- Twist, sit with back supported, head forward/flexed, head tilted/rotated
- Work with arms extended below the waist, unsupported, elbows flexed, wrist supported and unsupported.
- Operate a motor vehicle**
- Lift 10-20 pounds
- Standing and walking
- Wear PPE for body, vision, and hearing protection**
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Offshore Equipment Technician
Location: Morgan City, Louisiana
Job ID: 13104
Full/Part Time: Full-Time