Oceaneering Sr. Human Resources Business Partner in Morgan City, Louisiana
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
The Senior HR Business Partner offers consulting services to support Oceaneering’s client groups strategically and with daily activities. This role is involved in nearly all aspects of HR, including workforce planning, performance management, compensation planning, organizational design and interventions, training, acquisition integrations, change management, employee engagement and retention, and talent management.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Implements HR programs and processes with client group(s), under the direction of HR leadership, including performance management, leadership development, and other strategic HR initiatives within the business.
- Designs and implements initiatives to benefit the client group(s) in employee development, engagement, retention, and workforce planning.
- Works with client(s) to adjust strategies to meet changing business and talent needs. Ensures that the HR programs and initiatives are integrated with the business strategy.
- Leverages HR and business metrics to assess internal and external talent needs and trends.
- Consults with leaders and teams to enhance team performance and organizational effectiveness.
- Partners with business on organizational diagnosis, design, and change management tactics.
- Communicates organizational culture, policies and procedures, tools and resources to employees.
- Consults with the Region HR Manager and client leaders as necessary on employee relations issues.
- Collaborates with HR colleagues to develop resources that will benefit multiple service lines.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements, enforces adherence to requirements, and advises management on needed actions
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, the Senior HR Business Partner should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Strong business acumen and ability to operate strategically
- Excellent verbal and written skills (including facilitation and training)
- Strong project management, process development, and continuous improvement skills
- Able to create HR programs and systems vs. maintaining those already existing
- Strong relationship, influence and conflict management skills
- Adaptable to conflicting priorities, multiple projects and time pressures
- Self-directed, motivated, and attentive to details
- Excellent confidentiality and trustworthiness
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills (including Excel)
To perform this job successfully, the Senior HR Generalist must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Typically 7-10 years of experience in multiple HR functions and/or a HRBP/Generalist role
- Experience leading and executing projects
- Master’s degree in Human Resources or related field and/or PHR/SPHR strongly preferred
- Mature knowledge of HR core competencies and specialties (US employment law, employee relations, workforce planning, recruiting, compensation and benefits, organizational design and development, global mobility)
- Established skill in management consultation and HR issue resolution
- Proactive and forward-looking in addressing potential HR issues
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills
- Continuously pursues professional development
- Requires minimum supervision
Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Possesses excellent decision making, problem solving and analytical skills.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have complete knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint); PeopleSoft preferred.
Essential Job Functions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is indoors during the day and occasionally at night and is regularly required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. Specific hearing abilities required by this job include hearing all ranges. This is considered light work.
Travel is required for this position at 10-20% travel primarily domestic travel with some international travel as needed.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Sr. Human Resources Business Partner
Location: Morgan City, Louisiana
Job ID: 12788
Full/Part Time: Full-Time