Oceaneering Experience Development Engineer in Orlando, Florida
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
The Experience Development Engineer supports the development and integration of storytelling and motion based systems through the creation of ride elements and control system programming. The individual will work with the Guest Experience team in supporting the efforts directly with the Customer to ensure that our ride vehicle technologies support and integrate into attractions and deliver the creative storyline.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist with high level ride planning by helping to match the ride system to the Customer’s creative concepts and needs.
- Develop in-house software to be used to bring the pre-visualized project into production.
- Develop software and networking for system data acquisition, data analysis, and data visualization.
- Provide data acquisition and system visualization to assist production and troubleshooting (e.g. utilize logging tools for system feedback, measuring battery voltage drop during a ride circuit, wireless network troubleshooting, biodynamic data analysis).
- Use specialized developmental software and visualization tools to assist Customers in communicating their vision for the attraction.
- Support the Engineering and Testing teams utilizing specialized tools to program and test motion based ride systems.
- Support Installation teams on final show programming of ride vehicles to synchronize with attraction show and effects.
- Support Engineering, Testing, and Installation teams by developing specialized software tools, scripting, etc. to assist in efficiently executing project work.
- In-field installation and testing support of ride systems and equipment during final installation and commissioning.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Reports to the Manager, Experience Development.
- Requires a BS degree in computer science, mathematics, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering or related technical field
- Advanced degree preferred.
- 0-3 years of Engineering experience in creative design, testing, programming, or virtual simulation environment, in support of the Theme Park/Entertainment Industry.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret the creative intent into real-life movements and motions of ride vehicles.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Must have basic to advanced knowledge of the following computer programs: Python, C, C#, Unity, SolidWorks, Matlab, 3dsMax, Maya
- Experience with various communication protocols: TCP, UDP, EtherNet/IP, CIP
- Ability to quickly learn new software applications and apply them to problem solving of mechanical and control systems.
- Basic to advanced understanding of mechanical, control systems, robotic control and theory, animation and visualization techniques.
- 0%-50% travel time throughout the year depending on project phase and project assignment.
- Experience with versions control systems, specific experience with Git a plus.
- Experience in programming Allen Bradley PLCs using Ladder Logic.
- Familiarity with ISO 9000 design requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Board Partnership
Job Title: Experience Development Engineer
Location: Orlando, Florida
Job ID: 12647
Full/Part Time: Full-Time