Oceaneering Project Coordinator in Orlando, Florida
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Advanced Technologies (ADTECH) group of Oceaneering is recognized as an industry leader in enabling humans to work safely and effectively in harsh environments ranging from the depths of the sea to the outer reaches of space. ADTECH specializes in the support of manned systems and the development and application of practical, cost-effective robotic systems in multiple industries.
ADTECH designs, builds, and operates unique underwater systems for the US Navy and provides life cycle maintenance services for Submarines and Deep Submergence Systems. ADTECH is developing the next generation space suit for NASA and provides robotic and spacecraft life support systems. ADTECH is also an award winning leader in design, build, and installation of theme park entertainment ride systems and provides intra-logistic solutions using AGV systems.
ADTECH's business areas are: Oceaneering Technologies, Marine Services Division, Oceaneering Space Systems, Oceaneering Entertainment Systems, Frog AGV Systems, and ADTECH Manufacturing Group.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click on Non-Oilfield, then click on Naval and Marine Services.
Under the direction of the Project Manager, this position is responsible for the coordination of the processes and tools used to plan, manage and mitigate cost and schedule issues and any risk events that may impact a project. Responsible for monitoring the project controls processes to ensure early detection of deviations to project Scope, Budget, Schedule and Quality baselines, as directed by the Project Manager. Works closely with Project team to develop corrective action plans when necessary as directed by the Project Manager. Responsible for developing, maintaining and updating project control processes to include best practices and lessons learned.
Duties & Responsibilities
- As directed by the Project Manager, coordinates the scope definition and preparing the work breakdown structure. Coordinates and controls changes to scope and, with support from others, ensuring related approval and configuration management documentation is in place before baselines are adjusted.
- As directed by the Project Manager, coordinates the cost estimating and budgeting processes and prepares project budgets and forecast submissions.
- Coordinates the preparation and maintenance of baseline and working project schedules and controlling schedule changes.
- Assures effective communication within the team, and with supporting groups, ensures that all key information is properly disseminated among the team members, including the distribution of action item lists noting responsible parties and due dates.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- A 2-year degree in a project management related field, or equivalent qualifications, plus 2 years of progressive work experience, or the equivalent years of experience.
- Basic understanding of project management principles and experience applying them to a project. Full working level competence in MS Office Suite software. Proficient in the use of basic and some advanced features of project management scheduling software (e.g. Primavera (P6)). Demonstrated competence in the use of tools used for planning and control duties.
- Good oral and written communication skills, including demonstrated ability to organize and present ideas in a logical manner. Some experience writing reports and preparing procedures.
- Reliable team player, with good time-management, problem-solving and organizational skills. Has a good attendance record, an ability to plan effectively and a good track record for meeting deadlines.
- Self-motivated with positive attitude. Willing to learn new skills, share experiences and take on roles of increasing responsibility. Is comfortable working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite software, proficiency in project management software (i.e. Primavera P6).
- Candidate will have to perform in an ISO-9000 rated company in a rapidly changing and demanding atmosphere.
- Legal employment within the U.S. is required.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Project Coordinator
Location: Orlando, Florida
Job ID: 13014
Full/Part Time: Full-Time