Oceaneering Quality Engineer in Orlando, Florida
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oceaneering Entertainment Systems (OES) is an award-winning ride systems designer/integrator that contributes to the cutting-edge development of theme park technologies and other custom solutions. Comprised of some of the best talent in the industry, OES is a group of engineers,installers, planners, project managers, and visionaries who work together to bring a logical approach to its Customers’ creative challenges. The success of OES comes from our ability to interpret the visions of some of the most talented Creative Designers in the themed attractions industry, and utilize its compelling engineering expertise in order to help them create compelling shows and powerful experiences.
*For more information please go to *www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Entertainment Systems (OES).
The Quality Engineer determines the overall quality approach of projects based on evaluation of detailed requirements, specifications and the Quality Manual. The job includes preparing manuals, plans, procedures and inspection/test instructions for hardware related to the contracts and purchase orders.
Duties & Responsibilities
- The Quality Engineer determines the overall quality approach of projects based on evaluation of detailed requirements, specifications and the Quality Manual. The job includes preparing manuals, plans, procedures and inspection/test instructions for hardware related to the contracts and purchase orders.
- The Quality Engineer will maintain the Quality Management System policies and procedures, best practices, performance measures and metrics, and continuous improvement methods. This includes assessing customer requirements, developing and selecting standard inspection or statistical techniques and procedures for inspection of hardware, software, softgoods, electronic, and electro-mechanical subassemblies and purchased piece parts.
- The Quality Engineer maintains and updates the approved supplier list, by being involved with supply chain management, identifying appropriate vendors, auditing vendors, resolving negative trends and maintaining approval status within the approved supplier database.
- The Quality Engineer will also develop special checklists or procedures and identify inspection points to simplify, enhance and/or improve the inspector's work performance.
- The Quality Engineer will participate in design reviews and Customer/Company certification reviews and prepare procedures for test technicians/Quality test inspectors and develops Quality standards for hardware and softgoods manufacturing.
- The Quality Engineer will serve as a member of the MRB and assure appropriate disposition, cause and corrective action on discrepancy reports, disposition records as well as maintaining follow-up on open reject tags and discrepancy reports until they are satisfactorily closed.
- The Quality Engineer ensures that parts and associated documentation are delivered on time, error free and within schedule.
- The Quality Engineer performs special process and statistical studies and quality assessments and implements Metrology System controls.
- The Quality Engineer upholds OES quality goals and performs metric trending for customer reporting and continuous improvement efforts within the quality organization, as well as company-wide.
- B.S. in Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 2-7 years of Quality Engineering experience in Engineering through Production/Installation phases, in an ISO 9000 environments.
- Must be able to work well in a group environment and be able to exercise independent decision-making and sound judgment.
- Ability to effectively handle conflicts and dynamic nature of the work environment.
- Excellent work organization and communications skills, both writing & speaking, are required.
- Able to work independently and make decisions without direct supervision involvement.
- Some travel will be required.
- Previous experience interfacing with large theme park customers is a plus.
- Experience working process issues such as Key Process Indicators (KPI) and/or Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ) projects is desirable.
- Experience with mechanical, electronics, EEE parts, and/or software development is highly desirable.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Quality Engineer
Location: Orlando, Florida
Job ID: 12850