Oceaneering Sr. Contracts Administrator in Orlando, Florida
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oceaneering Entertainment Systems (OES) is an award-winning ride systems designer/integrator that contributes to the cutting-edge development of theme park technologies and other custom solutions. Comprised of some of the best talent in the industry, OES is a group of engineers,installers, planners, project managers, and visionaries who work together to bring a logical approach to its Customers’ creative challenges. The success of OES comes from our ability to interpret the visions of some of the most talented Creative Designers in the themed attractions industry, and utilize its compelling engineering expertise in order to help them create compelling shows and powerful experiences.
*For more information please go to *www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Entertainment Systems (OES).
Successful candidate must be willing, and capable, to work independently, and perform all aspects of Oceaneering's Contract Administration. Contract Administration duties will include issue and receipt of major contract/subcontract agreements, analysis of terms, conditions and business risks, developing negotiation objectives, negotiating with customers/suppliers, documenting the results of negotiations and monitoring contract/subcontract performance against service level requirements to achieve expected results in customer satisfaction and profit expansion. Supports the development of contract and subcontract specifications, work statements, and terms and conditions for the procurement of specialized materials, equipment, and engineering services. Supports the preparation of bid packages, analyses and evaluation of proposals, negotiations of contract and subcontract provisions, and administration. The position supports procurement activities of Oceaneering's programs, and interfaces with management staff as well as customer technical and contracts personnel.
Expectation of this function requires strictest attention to detail and accuracy, clearly communicated and coordinated efforts involving all the activities within the department, the position is assigned to. Technical knowledge of Contract and Subcontract management is expected to be broad and deep enough to identify areas of concern and obtain final solutions. Possess ability to work as part of a team of senior managers and technical personnel. Good organizational skills with an analytical / logical approach. Able to collect information and solve problems of medium complexity relating to assigned projects in an unsupervised fashion.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops subcontract specifications, work statements, and terms and conditions for the procurement of specialized materials, equipment, and services.
- Prepares bid packages, analyzes and evaluates proposals, negotiates subcontract provisions, selects or recommends subcontractors, writes awards, and administers resulting subcontracts.
- Negotiates and coordinates additions, deletions, or modifications to subcontracts.
- Participates with Contracts Administration and the Purchasing organization to develop subcontract policies and procedures.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the Organization's personnel on a routine basis is expected.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Supervisory Responsibilities
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- B.A./B.S. or equivalent years of experience.
- Contract management certification preferred.
- 4 -6 years’ experience in complex procurements, with performance/cost measurement or financial analysis skills required.
- Participates with contracts administration and purchasing to develop subcontract policies and procedures.
- Familiarity with financial and accounting principles.
- Sound knowledge of related UCC disciplines.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills required.
- Experience in commercial contracting.
- Must possess good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to successfully interact with all levels of both the Company and subcontractor organizations.
- Experience with complex engineered equipment a strong plus.
- Experience in Theme Park industry a strong plus.
- Experience in international contracting a strong plus.
- Knowledge in commercial teaming and non-disclosure agreement requirements.
- Candidate will have to perform in an ISO-9000 rated company in a rapidly changing and demanding atmosphere.
- Legal employment within the U.S. is required.
- Periodic U.S. travel required.
- Legal studies degree or equivalent caertified educational courses.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Sr. Contracts Administrator
Location: Orlando, Florida
Job ID: 12943