Oceaneering Sr. Controls Engineer in Orlando, Florida
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oceaneering Entertainment Systems (OES) is an award-winning ride systems designer/integrator that contributes to the cutting-edge development of theme park technologies and other custom solutions. Comprised of some of the best talent in the industry, OES is a group of engineers,installers, planners, project managers, and visionaries who work together to bring a logical approach to its Customers’ creative challenges. The success of OES comes from our ability to interpret the visions of some of the most talented Creative Designers in the themed attractions industry, and utilize its compelling engineering expertise in order to help them create compelling shows and powerful experiences.
*For more information please go to *www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Entertainment Systems (OES).
The Senior Controls Engineer applies a working knowledge of engineering fundamentals to the division’s engineering and design activities under the direction of a Principal Engineer, Project Engineer, Staff Engineer, or Project Manager. The Senior Controls Engineer is also required to interact with other ADTECH personnel to provide project-related engineering support including those in QA, Manufacturing, and Procurement. The Senior Controls Engineer may lead or mentor other engineers, designers, and technicians during various project phases. Position involves the design, production support, integration, programming, testing, troubleshooting, and commissioning of ride and show control systems both in the factory and in the field.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Independently performs difficult engineering tasks to completion that may include a variety of complex features, conflicting design requirements, unusual materials requirements, and the need to coordinate the work of others.
- Excellent technical judgment, and appreciable independent evaluation, creativity, and latitude in making decisions are expected.
- Demonstrates ability to devise innovative solutions to problems.
- Manages projects of moderate scope.
- Participate in initial equipment conceptual development and carefully balance product specifications, process requirements, layout complexity, cost, and lead-time limits.
- Lay out new industrial electrical control panels which are NFPA79/NEC/UL508A compliant, and create electrical schematics.
- Architect, write, and debug PLC ladder logic with an emphasis on generating code that is organized, structured, documented, maintainable and reusable.
- Generate aesthetically simple HMI screens for complex machinery while providing sufficient feedback for troubleshooting.
- Manage electrical cabinet builds, field wiring, and installations.
- Select and size electrical and electromechanical components such as servos.
- Establish test plans and control test plan execution
- Debug and optimize automated processes to maximize reliability and uptime.
- Reviews progress and evaluates results of work accomplished by self and others.
- Prepares reports and presents results to management and client.
- Travel up to 25% of the time
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent – Majors in: Controls and Computer Control Systems, Mechatronic Engineering, Automation Engineering, etc.)
- Minimum 10 years direct technical experience in the design, assembly, integration, testing, troubleshooting, commissioning and programming of large scale PLC-based control systems.
- Experience in theme park and attractions environment a big plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Sr. Controls Engineer
Location: Orlando, Florida
Job ID: 12925
Full/Part Time: Full-Time