Oceaneering Systems Engineer in Orlando, Florida
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
Oceaneering Entertainment Systems (OES) is an award-winning ride systems designer/integrator that contributes to the cutting-edge development of theme park technologies and other custom solutions. Comprised of some of the best talent in the industry, OES is a group of engineers,installers, planners, project managers, and visionaries who work together to bring a logical approach to its Customers’ creative challenges. The success of OES comes from our ability to interpret the visions of some of the most talented Creative Designers in the themed attractions industry, and utilize its compelling engineering expertise in order to help them create compelling shows and powerful experiences.
*For more information please go to *www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Entertainment Systems (OES).
The Systems Engineer applies advanced technical knowledge to ADTECH’s engineering and design activities. The Systems Engineer is responsible for developing processes for hazard analysis, Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEAs), and requirements compliance. Furthermore, the Systems Engineer is responsible for working with the engineering design team to generate the hazard analysis, FMEAs, and requirements matrices on all projects in compliance with applicable standards for each respective project.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintains the Systems Engineering Program in accordance with customer requirements, including the performance of hazard analyses and FMEAs.
- May supervise mechanical and electrical engineers in the generation of hazard analysis, FMEA, and compliance matrices. Able to estimate resource needs required to meet technical and scheduling objectives.
- Defines and decomposes system requirements and functional system requirements; documents specifications; identifies requirements flow down, design and architecture development, and requirements traceability.
- Ensures that customer requirements are systematically converted into total system solutions.
- Excellent technical judgment, and appreciable independent evaluation, creativity, and latitude in making decisions are expected.
- Develops objectives, schedules, and estimates for difficult assignments.
- Prepares reports and presents results to management and client.
- Reviews progress and evaluates results of work accomplished by self and others.
- Interacts with technical and management customer representatives to define and manage customer expectations.
- Assist in Bid and Proposal efforts including cost estimating, technical approach definition, and input to baseline schedule data
- Participate in Technical Working Groups to assess and improve ADTECH processes and capabilities
- Additional duties as assigned.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Reports to the Systems Enginering Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from accredited college or university, master's degree preferred.
At least five years engineering experience in Systems Engineering.
Demonstrated ability to lead technical groups and interact with customer representatives.
- Excellent communications and organizational skills.
- Experience developing FMEAs and Hazard Analysis; familiarity with ASTM Standards under the jurisdiction of F24 Committee is a plus.
- Experience with SolidWorks, Auto CAD or similar mechanical CAD drafting package, as well as general computer skills.
- Experience with CRADLE or DOORS a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge through successful performance at the next lower engineering level. Possesses and applies an advanced knowledge of engineering principles and practices in one or more engineering fields.
- Legal employment within the U.S. is required.
- Desired degrees etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Systems Engineer
Location: Orlando, Florida
Job ID: 12776
Full/Part Time: Full-Time