Oceaneering Facilities Technician in Panama City, Florida
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Provides maintenance and facilities support for manufacturing site and equipment used in the manufacture of umbilical's for oil and gas industry. .
Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs and documents preventive inspections of equipment and building systems.
- Performs and documents preventative maintenance, troubleshoot and repair on facility HVAC systems, process chillers, cooling towers, plumbing, cranes, air compressors, forklifts, aerial lifts, portable generators, facility infastructure (120vac thru 480vac circuits) and general maintenance.
- Use Peoplesoft to update work orders and time.
- Previous crane operation (50 to 300 tons) experiance a plus
- Complete minor construction and repair projects, like drywall hanging and patching, updating break or restroom facilities, general painting and touch-ups.
- May assist with general facility clean up, conference room or training room setup as needed.
- High school diploma or GED.
- At least 3 years of previous facility maintenance experience with HVAC systems, plumbing, and electrical.
- Able to navigate in computer for needed equipment files or documentation. Working knowledge of MS Word and Excel, Gmail required.
- Understand principles of Rapid Kaizens
- Read, understand and apply Maintenance Department Process Maps
- Ability to read hydraulic and electrical schematics, comprehend complex drawings, specifications and procedures.
- Must be able to obain a TWIC (Transportation Workers Identification Card) to obtain access to the work site.
- Prior general construction or repair experience is preferred
- Previous working knowledge of Peoplesoft work orders.
* Working Conditions*
This position is considered SHOP/OUTDOORS which is characterized as follows.
- Primarily outdoors during the day and occasionally at night.
- Frequently working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment.
- Humidity is frequently above 90%.
- Noise may be over 85 decibels.
- Light is intense/glare.
- Occasional exposuire to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Frequent exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases.
- Constant exposure to dust."
* Physical Activity/Requirements*
This position is considered HEAVY work.
- Lift 35-75 pounds with assistance.
- Work in confined spaces, kneel, jump, run, and work while lying on his stomach/back, crawl, and use repetitive movements of the arms and hands.
- Differentiate between colors.
- Wear PPE for skin protection.
- Eye protection.
- Lift 25-35 pounds
- Wear PPE for head, hands and feet.
- Climb stairs/ladders, stand, balance, stoop, squat, reach, and lift/carry objects.
- Twist, sit with back supported, head forward/flexed, head tilted/rotated.
- Work with arms extended below the waist, unsupported, elbows flexed, wrist supported and unsupported.
- Operate a motorized vehicle.
- Lift 10-20 pounds
- Standing and walking
- Wear PPE for body, vision, and hearing protection
- Steel/safety toed shoes/boots
- Hard Hat
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Facilities Technician
Location: Panama City, Florida
Job ID: 13023
Full/Part Time: Full-Time