Oceaneering Manufacturing Engineer I in Panama City, Florida
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Working under minimal supervision, defines, develops, documents, and qualifies manufacturing processes supporting the Panama City Umbilical plant with manufacture of existing products or design of new processes of existing equipment. Develops, evaluates, and improves existing engineering designs to drive more efficient manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality control standards.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Under direct supervision, assist in planning and designing manufacturing processes in an industrial plant.
- Assists with the design, fabrication, modification, and evaluation in support of manufacturing operations such as machining, metal forming, plastics processing, welding and brazing, assembly, and material handling.
- Be able to design low (dancer stands, safety covers, etc) to moderately complex structures complete with FEA analysis.
- Effectively manage contractors with minimal to no supervision.
- Work with suppliers and internal/external customers and participate in cross-functional teams to resolve technical/quality issues.
- Analytical thinking, interpersonal skills, and teamwork are essential competencies to perform this job.
- Limited travel may be required for vendor visits, trade shows, off-site training, and sister site support.
- Some simple design work may be required (jigs, tooling, 5S).
- Baschelor’s degree in Engineering (STEM Degree may be considered) from an accredited school or university.
- Proficient in Solidworks or AutoCad
- Well versed in MS Office software.
- Must be able to obtain a TWIC badge (Transportation Workers Identification Card) to access work area.
- 2 years of experience in a manufacturing environment with demonstrated process improvement implementation
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Manufacturing Engineer I
Location: Panama City, Florida
Job ID: 13337
Full/Part Time: Full-Time