Oceaneering Welding Technician in Panama City, Florida
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
Completes all welding to meet production requirements for umbilical manufacturing facility. Follow work instructions and technical design drawings to specification to pass quality examination. Resolve technical questions and issues associated with welding operations. Interface with customers to ensure satisfaction, work with Quality Inspectors on work quality, production operators, engineers and project managers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Must to read and interpret drawings and engineering designs to fabricate to specifications. Follow work instructions on processes to complete welding projects.
- Must be familiar with SMA (shielded metal arc) welding and FCA (flux-cored arc) welding processes.
- Will be required to perform welds in all positions, sometimes with limited access.
- Must be able to pass 3G and 4G welding test
- Familiar with carbon steel, stainless stelel and aluminum welding practices.
- Shall be able to set up equipment for the task and be able to perform task in a safe manner according to company policy/procedures.
- Welds must pass inspection by mag particle and/or penetrant testing.
- Must be able to qualify new procedures/processes on a variety of alloys and thicknesses.
- Must be willing to meet client and company deadlines.
Maintain safety and HSE training requirements
- Ability to work overtime when work requires, could work 4/10 hour days.
- This position has NO supervisory responsibilities.
- Reports to Testing Manager.
- Works with Welding Technician Lead and other Testing Technicians and Welders.
- High School diploma or equivalent education required.
- At least 2 years of production or manufacturing experience in welding
- Must be able to obtain a TWIC (Transportation Workers Identification Card) to access the Port of Panama City.
- Ability to work independently, perform task with little or no supervision.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.Ensures that others involved in a project or effort are kept informed about developments and plans
- Ensures that important information from management is shared with employees and others as appropriate
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must be able to perform basic computer functions in Microsoft Office, specifically Word and Excel.
This position is considered SHOP FLOOR which is characterized as follows.
- Primarily outdoors during the day and occasionally at night.
- Frequently working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment.
- Humidity is frequently above 90%.
- Light is intense/glare.
- Constant exposuire to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Frequent exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases.
- Work surface is stable.
- Constant exposure to dust.
- Must occasionally work in confined spaces and at elevated heights.
- Frequently operate a motor vehicle.
- The employee will occasionally climb ladders as well as occasionally have to stoop, kneel or squat.
- The employee must constantly have eye protection, hardhat and steel/safety toed shoes/boots.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Board Partnership
Job Title: Welding Technician
Location: Panama City, Florida
Job ID: 12729
Full/Part Time: Full-Time