Oceaneering Project Manager (ROV & Tooling) in Perth, Australia
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
Purpose The primary responsibility of this position is to plan, direct, and coordinate all activities of a single major or multiple projects to ensure that goals or objectives of project are accomplished within prescribed time frame, and funding parameters and the customer receives a quality product or service which meets or exceeds all of the customer’s requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Review project proposal or plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
- Establish and monitor project execution plan, budget and staffing for each phase of project. Oversee proposals and contract negotiations.
- Ensure development of effective project schedules and understand the critical path of the project. After project kicks off, monitor the status of the schedule and ensure reaction to any developments concerning the critical path or other key elements of the project schedule is effective and timely.
- Maintain customer communication from conception through design, manufacture, testing and delivery of products or services while developing strong customer relationships for future work from client base. Includes identifying opportunities for Oceaneering in other areas then just the target scope.
- Ensure project scope is achieved as well as initiating change management processes as variations and changes from contract requirements or execution plan occurs.
- Arrange and monitor assignments of project personnel and key functional department support. This may require establishing work plan and staffing for each phase of project as well as arranging recruitment of project personnel, including coordinating with shared services as needed.
- Prepare project reports for management which includes monthly reports, status, financial and forecast, along with delivering all appropriate customer reports as outlined in contract and required to fully communicate status, change management and issues.
- Update proposal risk register and maintain register as project evolves which includes developing effective mitigation plans for significant risks and identifying any new risks as they arise. Escalate any risks accordingly to ensure appropriate management is aware as well as developing lessons learned for future or concurrent projects.
- Ensure key project control documents are generated and maintained.
- Validate and verify the quality requirements of all deliverables, both documentation and hardware, meet the appropriate specifications.
- Work with Program Manager, to ensure project and departmental controls and policies are adhered to.
- Facilitate technical advice and problem resolution with customer and internally.
- Confer with project personnel to provide guidance where appropriate to ensure technical objections are being met and ensuring that any scope changes are being captured.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, technical or business discipline or equivalent combination of related experience and education.
- Minimum five to ten years of related experience, to include project management experience
- Experience in ROV project management and operations
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and PeopleSoft (or other major ERP system)
- PMP or equivalent certification
- Strong ROV Drill Support and IMR Operations experience
- Strong ROV Tooling and intervention experience
- Financial management experience administering budgets across multiple projects
- Experience leading cross-functional teams, coordinating and motivating project teams
- Risk management training
- Knowledge of AutoCad, Solidworks, FEA, MS Project and/or Primavera
- PMP or CAPM certification
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships with internal and external customers
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously and achieve success through influence
- Learning agility, facilitating change, initiating action, continuous improvement and customer focus are all key competencies
- Innovative and entrepreneurial spirit
We offer a competitive salary and the opportunity to advance in an international company. Applicants MUST have current Australian Work Rights.
To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Job Title: Project Manager (ROV & Tooling)
Location: Perth, Australia
Job ID: 12693
Full/Part Time: Full-Time