Oceaneering ROV Tooling Design Engineer in Perth, Australia
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The primary responsibility of this position is to support the engineering group with electromechanical projects and/or individual components of larger more complex projects.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Conceptual design work, engineering analysis, and some development for new products.
- Source and evaluate necessary components and build prototypes and test setups.
- Review product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
- Write and review technical proposals and specifications.
- Perform product testing onshore and offshore.
- Interface with customers and project managers.
- Provide engineering status and progress reports.
- Occasionally travels offshore or overseas.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Reports to Engineering Lead
- May take direction from Sr. Engineers
- BS in Engineering (Mechanical, Electronic or Mechatronic)
- 4 or more years of experience designing subsea equiment using 3D CAD software (Solidworks)
- Good understanding of ROV’s, their operations and intervention tooling with a track record in tooling design and field operation
- Able to learn and navigate in PeopleSoft or similar enterprise management software, AutoCAD, Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software
- ROV and tooling design experience, Pneumatic, hydraulic, and electro-hydraulic surface and subsea controls, project management or project engineering, FEA and material specifications experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
Ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, creative problem solving, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired goals.
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night.
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place.
- Work surface is stable (flat).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHT work.
- Lift up to 20 pounds
Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
Lift up to 10 pounds
Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Job Title: ROV Tooling Design Engineer
Location: Perth, Australia
Job ID: 13068
Full/Part Time: Full-Time