Oceaneering Senior System Administrator in Perth, Australia
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Sr. Technologist I, System Administrator will involve installation, configuration, and daily maintenance of Oceaneering’s Operating systems, server virtualization infrastructure, storage area networks, server hardware, and Enterprise Applications. This role works independently, is an individual contributor that is fully proficient in applying established standards. General work direction is given and completed assignments and / or work is reviewed to ensure compliance with processes, standards and policies of the organization.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Infrastructure Systems management: Data Center, UPS, Storage, Network, and Virtualization.
- Operating systems management on a global scale: Windows, Linux
- Patch management and Systems Monitoring.
- Usage and management of Microsoft SCCM, SCOM, SCSM.
- Assist communications, business systems, and desktop support groups with troubleshooting issues.
- Troubleshoot problems at all levels from the server to the end user.
- Integration management: Linux, LDAP, and Active Directory.
- Merger and Acquisition activities
- Create support documentation and assist with training other members of the department to use and provide support for the systems.
- Automation scripting using Shell and PowerShell.
- Analyze system log files and determine appropriate courses of action.
- Participate in on-call rotation and/or after-hours support.
- International travel may be required.
- This position has NO direct reports.
Sr. Manager, Infrastructure Operations
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, or equivalent education and experience, and minimum of six (6) years’ experience installing and maintaining Operating Systems, Infrastructure Systems, and Management Systems or equivalent education and experience.
- Storage Area Networks
- Technical certifications preferred.
- Windows Active Directory and Windows Server Systems experience
- Redhat Linux and Satellite server management is a plus
- Experience with installation and support of Oracle and Oracle RAC database servers is a plus.
- Mail Systems application administration (Gmail, Office 365, Mimecast) is a plus
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
Analytical Thinking/ Thoroughness/ Written Communication/ Technology/ Diagnostic Information Gathering/ Mathematical Reasoning:
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships
- Skill to prioritize workflow in a changing work environment
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals or documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from external and internal customers.
- Ability to effectively present information to management, both orally and in written form.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have complete knowledge of Microsoft Windows servers and environments.
- They should also have advanced knowledge of networking technologies such as TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP and have the ability to troubleshoot problems and resolve them quickly and effectively.
This position is considered OFFICE which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night.
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place. Work surface is stable (flat).Frequently the humidity is above 90%, noise is over 85db and the light is intense/glare.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHTwork.
* OCCASIONAL *
- Lift up to 20 pounds
Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
Lift up to 10 pounds
Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Job ID: 13579
Location: Perth, Australia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time