Oceaneering Account Development Manager (Maternity Cover) in Rosyth, United Kingdom
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
Duties & Responsibilities
Oil & Gas Sector Account Development Manager to focus on growing our business in UK & Europe through the development and growth of our existing Customers businesses, as well as through establishing new customers in the target areas. The businesses should be based primarily around Umbilicals and related hardware services, but would also involve linkage to Oceaneering's Integrated Solutions, which are applied across life of field to provide greater value and a lower cost of ownership for our customers.
The principlar requirement of this role is to ensure that SDS are commected into the right levels/individuals and orghanisatiosn within the market to allow us to grow our busienss as well as the promotion of other Subsea Products (SSP) capabilities when and if they are of benefit to our customers.
- Position SDS as the Supplier of choice with target Client Accounts
- Develop and Maintain relationships with these Accounts to gain intelligence en-route to securing profitable sales wins.
- Identify client stakeholders who are key to the client relationship and incorporate into win plans for review with executive management
- Develop influential contacts with other Client Accounts and relevant subsea engineering companies, and convert those contacts into sales opportunities, provide and maintain for Divisional and Executive review
- Report (into SDS) progress on current opportunities and existing ITT proposals to ensure SDS can assist and support in maximizing the sales opportunities presented by these updates
- Ensure that any opportunities for other areas of Oceaneering are passed to the appropriate organization and work with that organization to maximise the sales opportunities identified
- Work with the SDS plants (Rosyth, Panama City & Niteroi) and their Technical Sales/ITT Commercial Support teams,Manufacturing and Supply Chain teams as required to facilitate the conversion of sales opportunities (site visits/technical support/bids/contracts/documentation etc)
- Provide clear intelligence/information to the ITT Commercial Support team in the preparation of bids by giving velar direction (contacts/technical knowledge/computer information etc) of the Customer specific needs and expectations
- Provide target price landscape to assist in providing a competitive bid
- Develop and implement new market entry strategies
- Develop and implement client strategies
- When client projects are won ensure that the required Sales to Operations handover process is carried out under your direct leadership. This includes the finalization of the Contract details and Project scope (including clarifications and exceptions)
- Keep SDS UK plant General Manager and SDS UK Sales Team informed of all market intelligence relating to competitors,products, client staff changes, opportunities etc. Update this market intelligence into Oceaneering SDS Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system
- Ensure that there is a clear understanding of Account Development objectives and targets for the region and how they relate to Oceaneering SDS/SSP and Oceaneering’s overall strategic level objectives
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to travel extensively, globally, and will require overnight stays of varying length.
- Other duties as assigned
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Reports to the Sales and Commercial Manager
- Peers include other Account Development Managers
- Professionally qualified/degree educated caliber but can be offset by experience
- Experience within a similar international role
- A detailed understanding of the potential business within the marketplace gained through previous extensive experience as a Sales Account Manager / Business Development Manager within the Offshore / Sub Sea Oil & Gas sector is essential.
- An extensive proven track record of Revenue / Profitability generation in Oil & Gas is essential.
- Excellent networking, negotiation and influencing skills are essential.
- Commercial and contract negotiation experience are essential.
- Fluent English speaker, both written and spoken
- A technical understanding/technical background related to Sub Sea or Oil and Gas exploration
- Multi-lingual core business languages desirable but not essential
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence, and to understand ITT documentation. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have strong knowledge of MS Office and associated packages, and CRM (Client Relationship Management systems). Experience of working with PeopleSoft would also be an advantage
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, relocation support and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Job Title: Account Development Manager (Maternity Cover)
Location: Rosyth, Scotland
Job ID: 12221