Oceaneering Sr. Infrastructure Systems Administrator in San Diego, California
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Senior IT Infrastructure Systems Administrator is part of a team that is responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of the Global Data Solutions Data Center and Cloud infrastructure systems.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design, build, and troubleshoot/support data center and cloud infrastructure systems using the full Microsoft stack (Windows Server, SQL Server, IIS, Active Directory, Team Foundation Services/VSTS), VMWare, and Microsoft Azure or other cloud services.
- Administer and troubleshoot physical and cloud virtual networks including DHCP, DNS, NAT, firewall/UTM configuration, load balancing, and remote VPN and site-to-site tunnels.
- Manage data center hardware systems including VMWare Hypervisor/Virtualization systems, servers, switches, backup devices, storage, and iSCSI/FC fabric.
- Build, configure, manage and troubleshoot cloud environments including virtual networks, virtual machines, storage solutions, backup and disaster recovery, and cloud appliances.
- Monitor and ensure performance, capacity, and availability of data center and cloud systems.
- Create and maintain technical documentation. Ensure all work is documented in tracking systems.
- Support off-hours maintenance schedule and rotating on-call schedule after hours and weekends
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or Computer Science, or equivalent education and experience.
- 5+ years managing and troubleshooting Windows Servers and Active Directory in a data center environment.
- 5+ Years experience supporting a 24/7 environment.
- 5+ or more years managing and administering Microsoft SQL Server including building and managing maintenance plans, and troubleshooting performance issues.
- 5+ years work experience with Internet Information services including setting up and administering IIS sites, configuring SSL, application pool identity management, and general IIS configuration and administration.
- 5 years administering data center networking technologies such as DHCP, DNS, NAT, firewalls, switches, wireless APs, and VPNs.
- 2+ Years experience managing cloud-based networks and systems such as Microsoft Azure or AWS.
- 5+ years working with VMWare VSphere/VCenter and ESXi servers or similar hypervisor systems.
- Experience with automation or troubleshooting using scripting systems such as powershell, VBS, batch files, or other scripting technology.
- Flexible schedule and sense of urgency to support escalations that impact business operations and client services.
- Troubleshooting and systems management software such as Solarwinds, Wireshark, and, Nagios.
- Microsoft systems such as Sharepoint, Biztalk, Exchange, SQL Server Reporting System, SQL Server Integration Services.
- Transact SQL programming in Microsoft SQL Server.
- Linux/Apache, Nginx, systems administration.
- Atlassian suite administration including Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, Bitbucket
- Answer phone and email client requests for support on GDS services
- Participate in project planning activities
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Sr. Infrastructure Systems Administrator
Location: San Diego, California
Job ID: 12967
Full/Part Time: Full-Time