Oceaneering Inspection Engineer Cat 3 in Stockton on Tees, United Kingdom
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
Completion of Inspections in accordance with the Written Scheme of Examinations and/or Approved specifications, including provision of final inspection report.
- Develop Written Schemes of Examination as part of inspection preparations
- Complete First Pass examinations of equipment to accurately identify preparation for inspection and Non Destructive Testing (NDT) requirements
- Plan and carry out Inspection of plant and pipework in compliance with the Written Scheme of Examination
- Inspection of all process pressure systems, inspection of steam generating plant, decommissioned/out of service equipment in compliance with Oceaneering and client procedures
- Raise Repair Orders/Corrective MMS Work Orders when required, providing a detailed description of the defect and location together with relevant up-to-date documentation and photographic evidence
- Carry out Repair Order close out inspections when required
- Issue an interim report of examination stating the suitability for further service. Complete the inspection report including recommended or required actions, next period of service between inspections in line with current RBI recommendations or client recommended intervals, within 28 days of the inspection. Modify the Written Scheme based on inspection findings
- Inform the Senior Inspection Engineer, without delay, when any inspected equipment or NDE results indicate the item is not Fit-for-Service
- Review and endorse NDT reports in a timely manner and instigate Inspection Queries as required
- Verify the application of NDT methods for vessel and pipework inspection, inform NDT personnel of requirements Specify NDT techniques where necessary maximise the use of non-invasive inspection techniques where possible
- Carry out the IIA briefing/Tool Box Talks to all visiting Inspection/NDT Personnel provided for specific jobs by the Project Manager
- Maintain a contemporaneous record of daily activities
- Maintain assigned Logs or Registers up-to-date and in accordance with Oceaneering/client procedures
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has direct supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- UKAS RG2 Category 3 compatible
- Minimum 5 years of specific experience related to the job description
- Must be able to demonstrate working knowledge of design, manufacture, metallurgy, welding, codes, standards, risk assessments and legislation associated with the in-service inspection of plant and equipment
- Must be familiar with QA/QC systems and procedures, NDE techniques
- Ability to generate a team approach to problem solving and a good communicator, both written and verbal
- Appropriate HNC/HND qualification
- EngTech accreditation with the Engineering Council or equivalent
- Working towards a Degree in Engineering related discipline
- Working towards and Incorporated Engineer accreditation with the Engineering Council or equivalent
- API 510 Pressure Vessel Inspector and API 570 Piping Inspection certification
- API 653 Tank Inspection certification
- NDT certification for core techniques
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical- Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Ethics- Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Judgment- Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Dependability- Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Job Title: Inspection Engineer Cat 3
Location: Stockton-on-Tees, England
Job ID: 13076