Oceaneering Marine Pipe Welder-Home Based Traveler or Relocated to VA in Panama
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Our Marine Services Division has more than 30 years experience in providing full-service ship repair capabilities for the US Naval Vessels including submarines, surface ships and crafts and deep submergence systems. Operating from state-of-the-art facilities in Chesapeake, Virginia, we are certified in Submarine Safety (SUBSAFE) and Deep Submergence System Scope of Certification (DSS-DOC) repair activities, and specialize in the design, repair, maintenance, modification, and installation of hull, mechanical and electrical (HM&E;) systems.
*For more information please go to *www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Marine Services Division (MSD).
Who You Are
- Strong & Agile – You are active and athletic, especially outdoors and in precarious locations.
- Realistic — You excel at work that includes practical, hands-on skill and problem solving.
- Conventional — You appreciate being provided set procedures and routines and working with data and details more than with ideas.
- Traveler – You need a constant change of scenery; willing and able to pick up and go when duty calls.
What You Will be Doing
Traveling all over to work with some of the best Marine Pipe Welders in the industry providing welding services to repair, modify and install pipe, foundations, fittings and components on U.S. Navy Submarines.
You will be selecting proper materials and requirements to perform welding functions, and fabricating and installing fixtures & jigs required for welding process alignments. This position involves heavy lifting, frequent stooping, bending and possible working assignments in overhead structures, confined spaces and/or beneath machinery.
Strict adherence to safety, quality standards, good housekeeping habits, a high level of critical thinking/reading comprehension, are essential in this role. The willingness, and ability to perform frequent overtime and travel is a condition of employment.
- Must have a Secret Security Clearance issued by the U.S. Department of Defense.
- Applicant will be subject to periodic security investigations and must meet the eligibility requirements to obtain and maintain a security clearance issued by the US Government.
- In addition to the security clearance, this position may require an additional background screening for base access.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Must have sufficient knowledge and Pipe Welding experience in a Shipyard and/ or Shipbuilding Maintenance Shop/ Facility.
- Successful experience welding consumable inserts (EB Rings) is a must have for this role.
- All welders shall meet requirement certification as specified in references (U) and (W) for SUBSAFE and Level 1 welding as well as general welding.
- Six (6) years’ experience as a journeyman welder.
- Reports directly to the Supervisor in the performance of his/her responsibilities. In the absence of the Supervisor, he/she will report to an individual designated by the Supervisor. These responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Strict adherence to corporate, federal, state and local safety regulations prior to setting up or operating any machinery. In sure that all OII Personnel Protective Equipment (PPE) are worn and that all damaged PPE is discarded. Read and understand OII PPE Policy.
- Read and interpret blueprints to plan setup and operation of the machine shop equipment prior to commencing the operation. Layout material prior to performing machining operations to prevent possible errors. Machine parts to close tolerances ensuring finish requirements of the drawings are achieved.
- Maintain good housekeeping practices; turning off machines when not in use, disposing of waste properly, sweeping the area, etc.
- Return tools/equipment to proper location and report any lost, missing, stolen or damaged items to the Facilities Supervisor in accordance with Process Instruction (PI-069)
- Assist the Facilities Supervisor, as directed by your Supervisor, for conducting preventive and corrective maintenance.
- Qualify as a Welder in accordance with OII Process Instructions (PI-022).
- Ensure that all requirements of the OII Quality Assurance Manual are followed when invoked by Task Group Instructions (TGI), Process Instructions (PI) and/or other guidance given by management.
- Perform machining operations using portable machines (required for forward site support).
- Follow detailed repair procedures and instructions (e.g.; QA packages steps, RECs, CWPs, FWPs, TGIs etc.) required to complete the production operations.
- Perform as Team Member, cooperating with the efforts of other trades during an installation, modification or repair operations.
- Prepare Condition Reports to document unsatisfactory condition(s) identified during the production operation (i.e.; repair, modification, etc.).
- Coordinate the efforts of other trades during an installation, modification or repair operation.
- Read and understand basic terminology, blueprints, drawings and schematics to plan installation, modification or repair prior to commencing the process. Materials are costly and the possibility of damage or spoilage is high without proper preparation.
- Fabricate and install fixtures, jigs, supports and targets to ensure proper alignment during welding processes.
- Select welding filler materials, joint design, proper heat ranges and most effective or required welding process/procedure to ensure quality welding operations
- Ensure and assume responsibility for Level I and SUBSAFE material controls in accordance with Process Instruction (PI-008).
High School/GED with Apprenticeship Diploma and additional vocational courses or technical school graduate; and/or military and/or civilian experience with welding operations in a repair department or shipyard or fabrication shop. Must have the ability to obtain government base access. Knowledge and practical skills tests required. Qualify as a Welder/Workmanship Inspector in accordance with OII Process Instructions and welding procedures.
Level-I Qualifications: Requires constant supervision/oversight. Has knowledge of the trade qualifications and performs as an entry level Welder. Must be able to understand and perform the basic set up, adjustment, and operation of various welding equipment and hand tools used in the trade. Select welding filler material, joint design and proper heat ranges as directed by Technical Work Documents.
Level-II Qualifications: Requires limited supervision/oversight. Is familiar with the trade qualifications and can perform most tasks required as a Welder. Must be able to understand and perform the basic set up, adjustment, and operation of various welding equipment and hand tools used in the trade. Select welding filler material, joint design and proper heat ranges as directed by Technical Work Documents. Read and understand basic terminology, blueprints, drawings and schematics to plan installation, modification or repair prior to commencing the process.
Level-III Qualifications: Requires no supervision/oversight. Has experience in the trade qualifications, and can perform all work required as a Welder and will provide mentoring to junior craftsman. Must be able to understand and perform the set-up, adjustment, and operation of various welding equipment and hand tools used in the trade. Select welding filler material, joint design and proper heat ranges as directed by Technical Work Documents. Read and understand terminology, blueprints, drawings and schematics to plan installation, modification or repair prior to commencing the process. Fabricate and install fixtures, jigs, supports and targets to ensure proper alignment during welding processes.
Specialist Qualifications: Requires no supervision and excels in all qualifications and welding processes. Is an expert in all tasks required as a Welder and will provide mentoring to junior craftsman. Must be able to understand and perform the set-up, adjustment, and operation of all welding equipment and hand tools used in the trade. Select welding filler material, joint design and proper heat ranges as directed by Technical Work Documents. Read and understand terminology, blueprints, drawings and schematics to plan installation, modification or repair prior to commencing the process. Fabricate and install fixtures, jigs, supports and targets to ensure proper alignment during welding processes. Produce quality welds, including pipe, in difficult or adverse conditions and is proficient in multiple welding procedures/procedures.
Additional Preferred Specialized Qualifications/Experience:Deep Submergence Systems (SOC MCD A, B, and C), SUBSAFE Qualification. Welding qualifications (GTAW/SMAW).
Oceaneering Marine Services Division can only hire “US Citizens” who are not dual citizens of any other country to work at its’ facilities. You can verify your citizenship with the Self-Check through E-Verify (uscis.gov), if available in your state of residence.
Employee must provide his/her own personally owned and controlled hand tools for use in daily tasks. A tool list will be provided in new hire orientation.
Oceaneering offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, work-life balance, and tailored career development programs that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Vacation, Sick Leave & Company Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Insurance: Complimentary Basic Life & AD&D;
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Program Performance Reviews & Advancement Opportunities
- Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- On-the-job Training, Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & So Much More
*$1500 SIGN-ON BONUS IN FIRST PAYCHECK*
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Marine Pipe Welder-Home Based Traveler or Relocated to VA
Location: San Diego, California;Panama City, Florida;New London, Connecticut;Morgan City, Louisiana;Houma, Louisiana;New Iberia, Louisiana;Cataumet, Massachusetts;Portsmouth, New Hampshire;Houston, Texas;Ingleside, Texas;Chesapeake, Virginia;New Orleans, Louisiana;Pearl Harbor, Hawaii;Bremerton, Washington;Big Lake, Minnesota;Charleston, South Carolina;Georgia, USA;Norfolk, Virginia;Philadelphia, Pennsylvania;Puget Sound, Washington;Vicksburg, Mississippi;Kittery, Maine;Bothell, Washington;Mayport, Florida;Pascagoula, Massachusetts;Saratoga Springs, New York;Schenectady, New York;La Porte, Texas;Bath, Maine;Green Bay, Wisconsin;Marinette, Wisconsin;Mobile, Alabama
Job ID: 12971
Full/Part Time: Full-Time