Oceaneering DC Surveyor in United States
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The position of Dimensional Control Surveyor of Survey Services exists for the purpose of managing and carrying out required Dimensional Control tasks in the field for survey projects, as requested by manager or project specific manager, and / or field client representatives for the survey project’s field activities. This position is responsible for assuring that client needs are effectively met regarding field activities, and that all tasks are performed efficiently, responsibly and in accordance with safe work procedures. This role is also responsible for all data collection, processing and reporting of the final deliverable to the client in the highest of quality standards.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist new and fellow employees in performing their work in accordance with safe work procedures
- Coordinating and communicating with clients prior to and during projects
- Maintaining daily updates to offshore supervisors and Project Manager.oordinator
- Conduct and document daily Job Safety Analysis (JSA)/ Safety pre-tower meetings
- Responsible for offshore.nshore operations with the understanding of working alone for data collection
- Ensure that quality control is maintained to the strictest of standards
- Train and adhere to OII, DOTD or client company’s specific requirements
- Managing and carrying out specific job tasks as requested by client or project manager
- Comply with company safety rules and training, conduct operations safely and report any unsafe condition or practices immediately to his/her supervisor
- Responsible for the care and safety of company equipment
- Training of fellow field personnel
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Three or more years experience as a Dimensional Control Surveyor in the Survey field
- Must be proficient with a variety of the field concepts, practices, procedures and equipment operations such as Least Squares Adjustments, Best Fit software, Computer Aided Drafting and Total Station.aser Scanners.
- Must have valid driver’s license and suitable driving record that is able to meet company driver requirements
- Must have or be able to obtain TWIC card (Transportation Worker Identification Credential) and maintain an offshore survival ticket with medical.
- Must have knowledge of basic computer skills, major survey equipment manufacturer’s software and equipment
- Two year technical degree or higher in field of study.
This position is considered OFFSHOREwhich is characterized as follows.
- Outdoors and indoors, day and night, as well as over/near water.
- Requires working on or near moving and vibrating equipment.
- Frequently the humidity is above 90%, noise is over 85db and the light is intense/glare.
- Potential exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Constant exposure to airborne dust, fumes and gases.
- Work surface is stable, height is elevated.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered HEAVY**work.
- Lift 50-100 pounds
- Sit, twist, crawl, climb stairs/ ladders, and use repetitive movements of the arms and hands.
- Operate small water vessel or ATV
- Lift 25-50 pounds
- Wear PPE for head, hands Balance, stoop, kneel, squat, crouch, reach with hands and arms, and lift/carry objects, handle or feel.
- Differentiate between colors
- Operate a motor vehicle
- Lift 10-20 pounds Standing and walking
- Wear PPE for body, vision, and hearing protection
- Close vision ability and ability to adjust focus
- Hearing all ranges
- Wear steel toed shoes/ boots
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: DC Surveyor
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland, CAN
Job ID: 13213